Got a great gluten free recipe, some frugal tips or a healthy living article? Well come join the party!
The Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and recent articles such as this one that show between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage. Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America. This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.
So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.
And besides, who couldn't save a little bit of $$$ anyway?
Since I've literally just walked in the door from a few days roaming around in Chicago:
I haven't had a chance to check out all of last week's posts and share some features, so next week I'll be sure to add double the features, including some from last week's WNWNW.I've also been too busy to write anything to share this week. I will, however, share a post next week on dining gluten free on the cheap in Chicago, along with a guest post I've got in the works!!
Thanks, everyone, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been up to this week!
Oh, and I really don't like to be a nag but please, the one party rule I really ask is that you put a link back to this party on your post. It's common courtesy and repeat offenders will be removed from the fun.
So what kinds of posts are allowed?
1) Recipes! Gluten free ones that is.
2) Articles about food, sustainability, living healthy and frugal, being green, etc
3) DIY tutorials for using up odds and ends around the house in a frugal fashion.
* Share up to 3 posts per week.
What are the guidelines?
1) Post a link on your blog post to back here, or copy and paste the code from the box under the Waste Not Want Not Button on the side bar into the HTML of your post.
2) It might help to leave a comment. What's your blog and/or your post about? Is your recipe GF, EF, NF, DF, SF, V (i.e. gluten free, egg free, nut free, dairy free, sugar free, Vegan)
3) Consider telling people you shared here on FB, Twitter or elsewhere and spread the love around, so more people can find this link-up.
4) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.
5) Visit some of the other posts here, comment on their scrumptiousness/brilliancy/helpfulness/frugality and let them know you found them here and hope for a similar visit.6) Consider following the Poor and Gluten Free blog on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay up to date on happenings here (ok, not a rule, just a little shameless self-promotion).
Each week I'll post the entries on my Waste Not Want Not Pinterest board, and feature different posts on my Facebook and Google+ pages so be sure to check in there, too to see if you've been featured!
Now it's your turn to share something!!