The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Waste Not Want Not Wednesday #37


Got a great gluten free recipe, some frugal, eco-frienly tips or a healthy living article? Well come join the party!

The Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and recent articles such as this one that show between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage.  Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America.  This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.

So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.

And besides, who couldn't save a little bit of $$$ anyway? 

The top three posts from last week were:

Healthy Paleo Fudgesicles from Tessa Domestic Diva

How to Make a Gluten-Free Sourdough Starter
How to Make a Gluten Free Sourdough Starter from Don't Waste the Crumbs

Spiced Apple Grainfree Scones
Spiced Apple Grain Free Scones from Sandi's Allergy Free
















Congrats and feel free to grab a badge from the right side bar!


What are the guidelines?

1) Please post a link on your blog post to back here, or copy and paste the code from the box under the Waste Not Want Not Button on the side bar into the HTML of your post so others can find the party, too.

2) Visit some of the other posts here, comment on their scrumptiousness/brilliancy/helpfulness/frugality and let them know you found them here and hope for a similar visit.

3) Consider following the Poor and Gluten Free blog on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay up to date on happenings here (ok, not a rule, just a little shameless self-promotion).

4) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.

* Share up to 3 posts per week.  

Each week I'll post the entries on my Waste Not Want Not Pinterest board, and feature different posts on my  Facebook and Google+ pages so be sure to check in there, too to see if you've been featured!   

* By linking up you give me permission to share your photos on my Pinterest and Facebook pages. I will always credit you and provide a link back to your blog and your photos won't be used for any other purpose. You will also receive future email notifications for the Waste Not Want Not party only, which you can easily opt out of at any time. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose. 


This week I'm sharing a post with a couple of printable food allergy charts that can be given to friends and family to help keep you safe, as well as a sample food diary to help keep track of reactions. I'm also sharing a recipe form gluten & soy free brown rice cucumber rolls (kappa maki), which is a great way to use up leftover rice! 


Now it's your turn to share something!  

8 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle!
    This week I'm linking up my Foolproof Gluten Free Pizza Crust recipe. Thank you for hosting!
    Hugs,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shared two posts today. Thanks! :)

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
    Exercise Encouragement GROUP Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this linky. :D I linked up my 3 minute manicure tutorial! A great way to make your clear nail gloss versatile and cheap. Now I'm off to investigate everybody else's posts!

    Dolly
    DollyMadisonDesigns.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle :)
    Thanks so much for hosting. I need to become a regular here! I've linked up tips for baking for a gf friend. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for featuring my GF sourdough starter Danielle! I've been working with A LOT of sourdough in the past couple months and have learned a few tips and tricks from some victories (and failures). I shared them in the link up this week.

    I also shared a posted explaining the science behind soaking whole grains (including GF ones)... in plain English. There's enough of the gobbly-gook out there as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting again! This week I shared a recipe for Kombucha Berry Popsicles, and also 20 tips on how to choose the most nutrient-dense fruits & veggies. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Danielle! Thanks a bundle for hosting the party! :)

    I shared Lemon Pound Cake Pudding. It helps control appetite and stimulate weight loss as well as reduce the craving for chips, fries, and other greasy foods (which I’m a sucker for!). It’s a cool and slimming snack on a hot summer day. I made it with xylitol (stevia also would be a great choice for candida-dieters) with options for honey and agave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Danielle, Thanks for hosting! This week I shared a chorizo-peppers-onions-greens breakfast saute. It's part of my current favorite breakfast ritual that includes fruit with coconut cream, oven-baked egg, and coffee.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...