The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Waste Not Want Not Wednesday #49


Got a great gluten free recipe, some frugal, eco-friendly tips or a healthy living article? Well come join the party!

The Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and recent articles such as this one that show between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage.  Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America.  This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.

So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.

And besides, who couldn't save a little bit of $$$ anyway? 


This week I'm featuring a few frugal posts from last week's party. These posts are focused around preserving, or making things that normally cost a whole lot to buy! 


How to Make Mozzarella Cheese from Frugal Farm Wife
Simply Made Buns

Simply Made Buns (Gluten Free/ Yeast Free/ Dairy Free/ Egg Free) from Sandi's Allergy Free


First Apples
10 Ways to Use and Preserve Apples from Homespun Seasonal Living




Congrats and feel free to grab a badge from the right side bar! 


What are the guidelines?

1) Please post a link on your blog post to back here, or copy and paste the code from the box under the Waste Not Want Not Button on the side bar into the HTML of your post so others can find the party, too. Posts without a link back will not be eligible for features, or being shared on my Pinterest board.

2) Visit some of the other posts here, comment on their scrumptiousness/brilliancy/helpfulness/frugality and let them know you found them here and hope for a similar visit.

3) Consider following the Poor and Gluten Free blog on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay up to date on happenings here (ok, not a rule, just a little shameless self-promotion).

4) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.

* Share up to 3 posts per week.  

Each week I'll post the entries on my Waste Not Want Not Pinterest board, and feature different posts on my  Facebook and Google+ pages so be sure to check in there, too to see if you've been featured!   

* By linking up you give me permission to share your photos on my Pinterest and Facebook pages. I will always credit you and provide a link back to your blog and your photos won't be used for any other purpose. You will also receive future email notifications for the Waste Not Want Not party only, which you can easily opt out of at any time. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose. 


 And this week I'm sharing a post my Gluten Free, Locavore-ish Weekly Meal Plan as usual, and a post on turning 1 chicken into 20+ meals




I've also totally revamped my Recipes page, so please stop by there and let me know what you think! I'm hoping it's cleaner and easier to find things now.




 And now it's your turn to share something! 




18 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle! Thanks for featuring my Buns :) This week I'm sharing Pasta with Pesto Alfredo Sauce. Just to let you and any of your Canadian followers know, I'm running a contest to get a years supply of Catelli Gluten Free Pasta :) I hope you have a great week!
    http://www.sandisallergyfreerecipes.net/catelli-gluten-free-pasta-review-and-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting again! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle and everyone! My post is about how to make kombucha. I go through exactly how I do it, all the equipment, where to buy it for cheap, and so on. If you like kombucha, you really have to make it yourself--it winds up costing 15 cents a bottle, vs. $4 in the store!

    http://feedmelikeyoumeanit.blogspot.com/2013/10/how-i-make-kombucha.html

    -- Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great post, Alex! You're right, Kombucha is very cheap to make so I hope people check out your post :)

      Delete
  4. Hello and thanks for hosting! Lots of great recipes this week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Danielle! Thanks for hosting! I've linked up soup stock, cherry tarts and ginger tea. All nice warm fall treats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting :) I brought Quinoa Chocolate Streusel Muffins and Choco-Carob Oatmeal Mix. How are things going with your book? You must be excited :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, those sound awesome, Marianne! And thanks for asking, the book is in the very final review stage and should be available by next week :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Danielle,

    Thanks for hosting!

    This week I shared carrot-cardamom pudding.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...