The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Waste Not Want Not Wednesday #56


Got a great gluten free recipe, some frugal, eco-friendly tips or  a healthy living article? Well come join the party!

The Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and recent articles such as this one that show between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage.  Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America.  This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.

So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.

And besides, who couldn't save a little bit of $$$ anyway? 


Hi everyone, I'm writing this in the Winnipeg airport while I'm waiting for my flight, so please excuse any typos :)  I hope everyone had a wonderful week and that the holiday season is not too hectic.  

As an FYI - I think I'll be cancelling WNWNW for the next TWO weeks, because  next Wednesday is Christmas Day, and the following Wednesday is New Years Day, and I'm sure most people will be busy with holiday stuff (I know I will!)

WNWNW will resume the eve of January 7 as usual.

But let's keep partying tonight!  I'm featuring the 3 top viewed posts from the last WNWNW party, so here they are!


photo of Angie
Angie's Story from Phoenix Helix

Flourless Pumpkin Pancakes - Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Flourless Pumpkin Pancakes, gluten and dairy free 
from Made to Glow

Carmel Apple Cheesecake Pie
Evil Weight Gain Doesn't Stand a Chance from Gigi Eats Celebrities








Congrats and feel free to grab a badge from the right side bar! 


What are the guidelines?

1) Please post a link on your blog post to back here, or copy and paste the code from the box under the Waste Not Want Not Button on the side bar into the HTML of your post so others can find the party, too. Posts without a link back will not be eligible for features, or being shared on my Pinterest board.

2) Visit some of the other posts here, comment on their scrumptiousness/brilliancy/helpfulness/frugality and let them know you found them here and hope for a similar visit.

3) Consider following the Poor and Gluten Free blog on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay up to date on happenings here (ok, not a rule, just a little shameless self-promotion).

4) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.

* Share up to 3 posts per week.  

Each week I'll post the entries on my Waste Not Want Not Pinterest board, and feature different posts on my  Facebook and Google+ pages so be sure to check in there, too to see if you've been featured!   

* By linking up you give permission for me to share your photos on my Pinterest and Facebook pages. I will always credit you and provide a link back to your blog and your photos won't be used for any other purpose. You will also automatically receive future email notifications for the Waste Not Want Not party only, which you can easily opt out of at any time. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose. 


 And this week I'm sharing an article on the health benefits of cooked vs raw vegetables (and some info on raw veggies allergies), as well as a tip for cleaning pots naturally and on the cheap.



And now it's your turn to share something! 


11 comments:

  1. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FEATURING MY POST Danielle!!!! It means the world to me, what a great holiday gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle! So glad that you had a good visit! This week I'm sharing Christmas Goodie recipes. I'd like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
    See you in 2014 ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandi. I'll still be poking around on FB and I may still share a post or two, but there will be much socializing and some frantic Christmas shopping for the next week ;) All the best to you!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for hosting and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring Angie's Story. I hope you have a beautiful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Waste Not Want Not Wednesday Danielle! Hope you have a fabulous holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a very merry Christmas and happy New Year's--and a great time off!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for hosting :)
    Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a very happy holiday season!
    Today I shared Roasted Beet Salad with Vegan Feta and Pine Nuts, Why Less is More: Adopting a More Frugal & Appreciative Approach to Gift Giving. I attempted to add Roasted Asparagus Spears with Pine Nuts but the link to the article is not working I see. The url for that post is:
    http://urbannaturale.com/vegan-veggie-delight-warm-asparagus-spears-with-pine-nuts/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy holidays to you!
    Today I shared Warm Asparagus Spears with Pine Nuts but the link is not working so the url is: http://urbannaturale.com/vegan-veggie-delight-warm-asparagus-spears-with-pine-nuts/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...