The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Waste Not Want Not Wednesday #57


Got a great gluten free recipe, some frugal, eco-friendly tips or  a healthy living article? Well come join the party!

The Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and recent articles such as this one that show between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage.  Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America.  This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.

So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.

And besides, who couldn't save a little bit of $$$ anyway? 


Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years Eve and that you're all well rested and ready for 2014.  

I'm still on an extended trip home and visiting friends and family, so I'm late posting this - I'm in a later time zone than usual and forgot that this will be a couple of hours behind for some of you (and I'm late even my current time zone!). 

I apologize that I haven't had the chance to post the features from the previous party, but next week I'll double them up :) 


And now it's time to party!


What are the guidelines?

1) Please post a link on your blog post to back here, or copy and paste the code from the box under the Waste Not Want Not Button on the side bar into the HTML of your post so others can find the party, too. Posts without a link back will not be eligible for features, or being shared on my Pinterest board.

2) Visit some of the other posts here, comment on their scrumptiousness/brilliancy/helpfulness/frugality and let them know you found them here and hope for a similar visit.

3) Consider following the Poor and Gluten Free blog on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay up to date on happenings here (ok, not a rule, just a little shameless self-promotion).

4) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.

* Share up to 3 posts per week.  

Each week I'll post the entries on my Waste Not Want Not Pinterest board, and feature different posts on my  Facebook and Google+ pages so be sure to check in there, too to see if you've been featured!   

* By linking up you give permission for me to share your photos on my Pinterest and Facebook pages. I will always credit you and provide a link back to your blog and your photos won't be used for any other purpose. You will also automatically receive future email notifications for the Waste Not Want Not party only, which you can easily opt out of at any time. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose. 


9 comments:

  1. I just added a link to my post. I hope I did this correctly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Danielle!! So glad that you are able to have an extended holiday.
    This week I'm sharing Veggie and Sausage Egg Cups. Keep enjoying your time away!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting! I am sharing my petition to Whole Foods this week to stop using toxic vegetable oils in their prepared foods. Please share - I would love to see them adopt this change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting, Danielle. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shared my husband's technique for slow-cooking a whole chicken, then making vegetable broth using the bones.

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will finally be adding more gluten free (OAS) recipes this year. I found a master list of things to avoid for the foods I have been having trouble with (year round) and I have been logging the food I have been having trouble with (seasonally) for three years so I have charted it and I am now finally getting a handle on what I can and can't eat so that means I can finally start to create recipes! It has taken forever to figure this out! I wish more was know about Oral Allergy Syndrome so I didn't have to figure this all out on my own. How valuable do you think this is? I am guessing most people don't have it as severe as I do and they don't have to go to all of this trouble. Wondering how much I should share on my blog. I would say most people don't have to restrict their diets this much or would want to. I am curious if it would help people though. Thanks for hosting!~
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, I think you'd be surprised how many people would be interested in hearing about your experiences and checking out your recipes (myself included)! There are a lot of people with really, really severe OAS and I frequently get emails and comments from people with a ton of restrictions, some with even more severe problems than mine - I used to think I was really bad off, now I think I'm luckier than many!! If you're curious to see what other people are dealing with, there's a good OAS group on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/OASmembers/

      Delete
  7. Happy Friday! Linking up a healthy salad for the new year: Balsamic Black-Eyed Pea Salad. The dressing uses only 4 ingredients, thanks to the creamy roasted garlic.

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 2014!
    Today I kicked off the new year with "Roasted Beet Salad with Vegan Feta and Pine Nuts", "A New Year, A New You: Get Your Green Resolutions Off to a
    Good Green Start with an Eco Friendly Party!" and "A New Year, A New You: 25 Green Resolutions for the New Year, Part 1"
    What a wonderful hop you are hosting!
    All the best,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...