Got a great gluten free recipe, some frugal, eco-friendly tips or a healthy living article? Well come join the party!
The Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and recent articles such as this one that show between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage. Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America. This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.
So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.
And besides, who couldn't save a little bit of $$$ anyway?
Hi everyone! I'm back on track this week for WNWNW, and have actually scheduled the post to go live while hubby and I are out for "date night" at our favorite restaurant. "Date night" is called such because on Tuesdays, Merchant's in Madison has a special - 1 bottle of wine, 2 entrees, and dessert for $40 (and they use locally sourced foods and have locally made GF bread). Can't beat that for a night out!
So fingers crossed this goes live on time. If not, I'll be back later in the evening and will fix glitches then, so please bear with me : )
The features from the last WNWNWN party are:
|Easy Spinach Quiche from Frugal Farm Wife|
Feel free to grab a badge from the right!
And now it's time to party!
What are the guidelines?
1) Please post a link on your blog post to back here, or copy and paste the code from the box under the Waste Not Want Not Button on the side bar into the HTML of your post so others can find the party, too. Posts without a link back will not be eligible for features, or being shared on my Pinterest board.
2) Visit some of the other posts here, comment on their scrumptiousness/brilliancy/helpfulness/frugality and let them know you found them here and hope for a similar visit.3) Consider following the Poor and Gluten Free blog on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay up to date on happenings here (ok, not a rule, just a little shameless self-promotion).
4) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.
* Share up to 3 posts per week.
Each week I'll post the entries on my Waste Not Want Not Pinterest board, and feature different posts on my Facebook and Google+ pages so be sure to check in there, too to see if you've been featured!
* By linking up you give permission for me to share your photos on my Pinterest and Facebook pages. I will always credit you and provide a link back to your blog and your photos won't be used for any other purpose. You will also automatically receive future email notifications for the Waste Not Want Not party only, which you can easily opt out of at any time. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose.
And this week I'm sharing my GF, Locavore-ish Weekly Meal Plan, and a recipes for Vegan Mung Bean Curry (GF) and Vegan Lentil and Vegetable Dinner - can you tell I'm working on super cheap, one pot dinners?
And now it's your turn!