Welcome to the Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link party! WNWNW is a place to find (and link up) gluten free recipes, eco-friendly tips, and frugal DIY tutorials. This link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and studies such as this one that show that between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage. Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America. This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.
So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.
WNWNW is hosted by myself, Danielle, and Elise from Frugal Farm Wife. When you share a link on this site, your submission will appear both here and on Frugal Farm Wife. Follow both of us to see if we highlight your link on our social media during the week. We also have a Waste Not Want Not Wednesday Pinterest board where we share WNWNW posts.
THIS WEEK'S FEATURES ARE:
|Gluten Free Spiced Olive Oil Chocolate Cake from Only Taste Matters|
|DIY Foaming Hand Soap from Earthlings Handbook|
|Paleo Chocolate Cherry Cream Smoothie from Tessa Domestic Diva|
WANT TO PARTICIPATE THIS WEEK? HERE ARE THE GUIDELINES:
1) Link to your blog post, NOT your blog’s home page.
2) All recipes must be gluten free and consist of mostly unprocessed ingredients.
3) Other posts, such as frugal tips, DIY or crafty tutorials, or eco-friendly related posts are welcome.
4) Please provide a link back to either this blog post, or the one on Frugal Farm Wife, somewhere in the body of your post. We will NOT highlight recipes and posts that do not provide a link back, and those without a link back may be respectfully removed.
5) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.
Please note that by linking to Waste Not Want Not Wednesday, you acknowledge and allow Poor and Gluten Free and Frugal Farm Wife to use your post photos on future WNWNW parties and on our social media platforms (such as Pinterest, Google+, Facebook, and Twitter). You will also automatically receive future email notifications for the Waste Not Want Not party only, which you can easily opt out of at any time. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose.
This week I'm sharing a recipe for GF Watermelon Rind & Apple Pie, and a post on Traveling GF in Rome / Italy on a Budget.
AND NOW IT'S YOUR TURN TO JOIN THE PARTY!
Have you seen my gluten free pasta book Recipes for Unusual Gluten Free Pasta: Pierogis, Dumplings, Desserts and More! ? Get yourself a copy and start making GF won tons, pierogis, dumplings, and orzo today :)