The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Waste Not Want Not Wednesday #29

Got a great gluten free recipe, some frugal tips or a healthy living article? Well come join the party!

The Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and recent articles such as this one that show between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage.  Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America.  This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.

So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.

And besides, who couldn't save a little bit of $$$ anyway?



It seems as if summer is here to stay! I had my first day of allergies (hello stuffy nose and sneezing) this season so I guess that means the trees have decided it's pollen time... so...yay... Therefore, I've decided to showcase some of last week's posts that deal with summer matters, and in particular, safe summer matters.  

DSCN5656

Grow Lights from Living in the Green explains
how to set up lights for your summer seedlings




Essential Oils and Ticks from Jo's Health Corner gives
some tips for avoiding and dealing with ticks


" eat well travel often" - text printed on a map

Link Love: Traveling on a Healing Diet  from Phoenix Helix
has a list of links to help you travel safely this summer



Feel free to grab a badge from the right!



So what kinds of posts are allowed?

1)  Recipes!  Gluten free ones that is. 

2) Articles about food, sustainability, living healthy and frugal, being green, etc

3)  DIY tutorials for using up odds and ends around the house in a frugal fashion.

* Share up to 3 posts per week.  

What are the guidelines?

1) Post a link on your blog post to back here, or copy and paste the code from the box under the Waste Not Want Not Button on the side bar into the HTML of your post.

2) It might help to leave a comment.  What's your blog and/or your post about?  Is your recipe GF, EF, NF, DF, SF, V (i.e. gluten free, egg free, nut free, dairy free, sugar free, Vegan)

3) Consider telling people you shared here on FB, Twitter or elsewhere and spread the love around, so more people can find this link-up.

4) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.

5) Visit some of the other posts here, comment on their scrumptiousness/brilliancy/helpfulness/frugality and let them know you found them here and hope for a similar visit.

6) Consider following the Poor and Gluten Free blog on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay up to date on happenings here (ok, not a rule, just a little shameless self-promotion).

Each week I'll post the entries on my Waste Not Want Not Pinterest board, and feature different posts on my  Facebook and Google+ pages so be sure to check in there, too to see if you've been featured!


This week I'm sharing a crazy delicious recipe for brie baked in gluten free pie dough with an apple-pear compote. 
  I also want to invite you to SHARE YOUR BLOG ON MY BRAND NEW OAS & GF Bloggers page!  I hope it will be a resource for people to find others with like-minded interests.




Now it's your turn to share something! 

19 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle! Your Brie looks delicious!
    This week I'm sharing Truffles and Mother's Day Ideas!
    Have a great week and a wonderful Mother's Day!
    http://sandisallergyfreerecipes.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle!
    This week I'm sharing my Everything Guide to Making Gluten Free Bread - Including Troubleshooting Tips. It covers a little bit of everything - from the basics, to recipes, to troubleshooting and addressing other concerns. I hope everyone finds it helpful! Thank you for hosting.
    Hugs,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! No matter how many loaves and flatbreads I make, things never seem to be totally consistent, so I look forward to reading it :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for highlighting my travel article, Danielle. And your Brie treat looks sooo delicious! This week I linked up to a favorite healthy snack recipe (Juice Jello) and also a semi-controversial post: When Painkillers are GOOD for you. My hope is to bring some balance to the discussion of pain relief in the real food and alternative health community. Have a beautiful week, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds very interesting, I look forward to reading it!

      Delete
    2. Danielle, I just noticed the link's broken for the Traveling on a Healing Diet article. Would you link it to: http://www.phoenixhelix.com/2013/04/24/link-love-traveling-on-a-healing-diet/

      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Hope your allergies lighten up, and have a great week!

    I'm sharing Ramp Pesto (Gluten-Free) Pasta for spring, with mixed in Balsamic-Roasted Tomatoes. :)

    The statistics on world food is ridiculous! 40-50% wasted in the US and Canada is a sad number indeed. I'm definitely being more conscious of using up every scrap of food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for hosting again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another fun party, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Danielle, I shared homemade Meyer lemon and olive oil mayonnaise this week. Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A couple weeks ago I shared a post on the olive oil fridge test. It REALLY hit home with a lot of people, so we re-visited both the test and other ways of knowing whether or not your extra virgin olive oil has been watered down. Read the data for yourself and decide whether the test works!

    I also shared a really easy recipe for high protein, sweet & salty trail mix. Ditch the candy coated varieties at the store and make the homemade version, which boasts nearly as much protein as a serving of chicken!

    As always, thank you for hosting! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Danielle,
    What a wonderful party with so many interesting recipes and articles to explore! Thank you so much for hosting. I look forward to following your blog! Thank you, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there Danielle! This is my first time linking up here - I found you through the AFW linky. I'm going to poke around your blog - it looks filled with fabulous-ness! Oh and I shared my Moist & Plummy Carrot Cake Bars (with a little whimsicality mixed in). ;) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gabriela, glad you found us and thanks for sharing, your cake bars sound wonderful!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for hosting and thanks for featuring my essential oils and tick post!
    I hope your allergies will be better soon..I love brie cheese and your baked brie looks delicious.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...