The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Waste Not Want Not Wednesday #43

Got a great gluten free recipe, some frugal, eco-friendly tips or a healthy living article? Well come join the party!

The Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and recent articles such as this one that show between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage.  Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America.  This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.

So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.

And besides, who couldn't save a little bit of $$$ anyway? 


I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend and that all the kiddies made it off to their first day of school with blissful enthusiasm! 


My dear husband passed his PhD preliminary exams right before the weekend, so we celebrated by going to happy hour at a local, sustainable gastro-pub and enjoyed our first reasonably stress-free weekend in quite some time. 

That's right. It's not time to pack up the U-Haul and head back to Canada just yet ;) 
 

So to keep the good karma going, I'm featuring posts from last week that are about doing good things - either for yourself or the environment. There were several of these posts last week so I'm just going to list them.





Congrats and feel free to grab a badge from the right side bar! 


What are the guidelines?

1) Please post a link on your blog post to back here, or copy and paste the code from the box under the Waste Not Want Not Button on the side bar into the HTML of your post so others can find the party, too.

2) Visit some of the other posts here, comment on their scrumptiousness/brilliancy/helpfulness/frugality and let them know you found them here and hope for a similar visit.

3) Consider following the Poor and Gluten Free blog on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay up to date on happenings here (ok, not a rule, just a little shameless self-promotion).

4) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.

* Share up to 3 posts per week.  

Each week I'll post the entries on my Waste Not Want Not Pinterest board, and feature different posts on my  Facebook and Google+ pages so be sure to check in there, too to see if you've been featured!   

* By linking up you give me permission to share your photos on my Pinterest and Facebook pages. I will always credit you and provide a link back to your blog and your photos won't be used for any other purpose. You will also receive future email notifications for the Waste Not Want Not party only, which you can easily opt out of at any time. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose. 

 And this week I'm sharing a post my Gluten Free, Locavore-ish Weekly Meal Plan, and a recipe for Gluten Free Baby Thai Eggplant Stir Fry (with soy-free option)

My GF, Locavore-ish Meal Plan


GF Thai Eggplant Stir Fry


 And now it's your turn to share something! 


13 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting! I am sharing a GAPS diet ice cream recipe - Peach Sour Cream Ice Cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your husband, and thanks for hosting the blog hop again! This week, I'm sharing some tips for making it through an autoimmune flare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen! It's such a relief (not that I ever doubted him, but now the stacks of books on the floor can go back to the library and I can have the living room back!). Looking forward to reading your post :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for hosting each week. And I appreciate you featuring "I get by with a little help from my friends." I linked up a story about me and my griddle. The recipe I shared is not gluten free, but I shared it more for the story than the recipe. There is just too much Teflon in our lives!
    Janine@mylampisfull

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - I encourage everyone I know to get rid of their old pans and go cast iron. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Wednesday, and congrats to your husband! That's exciting news. :)

    I had a great Labor Day with family, and also shared a new recipe, Fresh Tomato Sauce – only 4 ingredients!

    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for featuring my post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Danielle! I've linked up my emergency juice. Thanks for hosting! Now I'm going to go check out that peach sour cream ice cream. Yum! Doesn't that look awesome? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, I was signed in to my other google account. That was me leaving the juice and going for ice cream. - Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Danielle, Thanks for hosting, and congrat's to your DH!

    This week I linked up a recipe for refrigerator pickles, and a story about pickle-eating during my pregnancy in the 80s, complete with a vintage photo of myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...