The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Gluten Free Egg Free Mini Chocolate Doughnuts

Gluten Free Egg Free Chocolate Mini Doughnuts
These little doughnuts are fantastic.  So fantastic, in fact, that for once I didn't actually change anything from someone else's recipe.  Not that there's anything wrong with other people's recipes, just that for some reason or other I end up changing things because of my own allergies, taste, or lack of ingredients.  Not so in this case - ok, well, except for one teeny tiny substitute.

It just so happens that today is the day of my wedding shower, so instead of posting one of my own recipes, I'm sharing a link for a recipe that I made a while back based on a recipe I found while searching for a gluten free, egg free donut.  These are super easy to make, fluffy, tasty, and fairly healthy. 


The only alteration that I made was to substitute yogurt for the kefir, and the second time I made them I was out of coconut oil so I used vegetable oil instead and they turned out just as tasty, albeit slightly less healthy.  Instead of the mint glaze they use I concocted a chocolate glaze, it was really just a couple of tablespoons of cocoa, a glob of butter, and a whole lot of powdered sugar until I reached the right consistency. 

So the recipe can be found on the Pure2Raw website here.   Their site has tons of tasty, healthy recipes, many of which are gluten free.

So enjoy and have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

* This recipe is free of all the major allergens listed on the Oral Allergy Syndrome charts that I have found.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...