The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Monday, July 15, 2013

21 Great Gluten Free Recipes for Summer!




This week I dredged through my old posts in search of some of my best posts for making use of local, seasonal summer produce.  What I came up with includes posts on using up Swiss Chard stems, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, herbs, apples, lemons and fruit to make baked goods, soups, salads, pastas and drinks. 

I hope you enjoy them, and find some ways to use up the summer's bounty while supporting your local farmers!


Of course I'll continue to post more summer recipes throughout the summer, especially since I'm heading back to Madison, Wisconsin tomorrow, home of North America's largest farmers market! I'm definitely looking forward to experimenting with more local produce this summer, so stay tuned.

From top left: 

 

Gluten Free Chocolate Carrot Scones

Gluten Free Miniature Apple Pies

How to Make Limoncello

Ginger Lemon & Pomegranate Flavoured Kombucha 

8 Ways to Use & Preserve Wrinkly Bell Peppers 

8 Ways to Use Swiss Chard Stems  

Herb Tuna Pasta for a Hot Day



What's YOUR favorite recipe for using local summer produce?

Chocolate Carrot Scones

This post was shared on the following great link parties: Waste Not Want Not Wednesday, Musings of a Housewife,Natural Living Monday,

1 comment:

  1. What a great round up of ideas/recipes. I am most excited to try the mini apple pies! It has been way too long since I have had apple pie.
    Thanks for sharing on Natural Living Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...