The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Saturday, September 21, 2013

My Gluten Free, Locavore-ish Weekly Meal Plan & 'What's Cookin' Sunday?'



Fall has definitely arrived. I woke up cold in the middle of the night last night and had to rummage in the dark for an extra blanket to help warm me up! 

With fall comes root veggies at the farmers market, so while I'll be sad to see some of the summer produce go I'm looking forward to more stews and baked dinners. 

This week's meal plan is still based around summer farmers market produce, but lunches and snacks involve a bit more baking than the last month's "too-hot-to-stand-in-the-kitchen" cooking.

Now let the meal planning BEGIN!

 
GF Apple Dumplings - last week's highlight!

As for last week's meal plan, I had a little bit of leftover pie dough from making GF Apple Dumplings and Shroom-less Vegetarian Pot Pie, so I used it up to make some Miniature Chocolate Pudding Pies which hubby was more than happy to gobble up! 

BeetRavioli - I just love this colour!!



This week if there’s leftover beets and I have some free time, I *may* make some Beet Ravioli which is so much fun to look at.


If you'd like to learn how I meal plan, or how to plan around local foods, you can check out my post on How and Why I Meal Plan (GF and Locavore-ish).





Week of: September 21 - 27
In the Freezer: : Spicy soup stock (made from jerk chicken drumstick bones! ), mixed veggies, spinach & peas, fish,  Flaxmeal Sandwich Bread, black & kidney beans, Beet Chocolate Muffins, blueberries, chicken thighs, Homemade Limoncello
In the Fridge: Grandma’s Pickles,  homemade yogurt, beets, kale, mixed greens, potatoes, carrots, zucchini, cucumber baby eggplant, baby peppers, broccoli, eggs, apples, grapes, cabbage, salsa, baby watermelon, Cucumber Sunomono Salad (recipe to come)
In the Cupboard: local honey (5lbs!), lentils, beans, chickpeas, GF flours, rice vermicelli, rice noodles, canned fruit, Organic local corn meal
Breakfasts: : homemade yogurt with farmers market local honey, Beet Chocolate Muffins, Farmers Market Omelette, Norwegian Potato Lefse,
Day:
Dinners
Saturday
DH is making a veggie stew
Sunday
Thai Salad (recipe in my upcoming book)
Monday
Tuesday
Veggie Pasta
Wednesday
Baked fish with veggies and Asian ginger marinade
Thursday
Out for happy hour somewhere
Friday
DH experimenting in the kitchen ; )
What’s Cookin’ Sunday: I’m baking all my beets, Norwegian Potato Lefse, Rice for Sushi rolls and stir-fry, Pancakes, I'm experimenting with my baby watermelon, so stay tuned! 


Miniature Chocolate Pudding Pies a great way to use up extra bits of pie dough!

Gluten Free Potato Lefse - a wonderful way to use up leftover mashed potatoes

What are you eating this week?



This post was shared on the following great link parties: Creative Home and Garden Hop, Musings of a Housewife, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday, Hearth and Soul Hop, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Allergy Free Wednesday,   

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...