The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Sunday, January 1, 2017

My Gluten Free Weekly Meal Plan


Happy New Year! 

I don't normally make resolutions on January 1st, although it seems inevitable that this is a time for reflection on things that may, or may not, have worked well in the previous year, and what you may like to change moving forward.

Personally, I function better with some semblance of a schedule. Since I work from home and have a personality type that rejects scheduling and order I realize this is a a complete contradiction, but true nonetheless! 

One of the things that I like to schedule (and fall away from, then come back to), is meal plans.

So here I am, back on the meal plan wagon. This time around, I'm trying to do a better job of:

a) meal planning regularly, and 
b) including more variety in my breakfasts, snacks, and lunches

You know, so I don't fall back on a bag of tortillas and a bowl of salsa for lunch.... cuz I've been known to do that.... almost daily...




This week I'm a lucky girl because my husband is planning to make dinner at least twice (and help with the other times). Which is excellent, because he makes wonderful pasta, and will be experimenting with a broccoli stir fry.

The other days, I'm working on packing veggies and alternative proteins into our diet.  I'm a little worn out from turkey and mashed potatoes at this point, and am looking forward to veggie-based meals again!!



http://poorandglutenfree.blogspot.ca/2014/09/pumpkin-spice-quinoa-breakfast-bowl-gf.html



http://poorandglutenfree.blogspot.ca/2014/08/gluten-free-barbeque-flavored-popcorn.html




Week of: January 1 - 7, 2017
Breakfasts:
* 1 cup Homemade Greek Yogurt mixed with ¼ cup blueberries and 1 Tbsp honey and 1 tsp ground flax
Day:
Dinners
Sunday
Black Bean Casserole
Monday
Tuesday
Leftovers OR the Vegetarian Pot Pie from my book, Living with Oral Allergy Syndrome
Wednesday
Hubby is making seafood pasta
Thursday
Jambalaya
Friday
Date Night with Mr. Man (a.k.a. my husband)
Saturday
Stir Fry Night (hubby is experimenting)
Snacks & Lunches:
* Leftovers
* Orange and pear salad with orange blossom water (recipe to come)



What are you eating this week?
Are you planning to do anything different/new/recycled in the New Year?

http://poorandglutenfree.blogspot.ca/2016/02/easy-one-pot-gluten-free-jambalaya.html






Have you seen the latest novel in my romance series, Lady of the Caravan? Get it now, and follow the queen's cousin as she braves the dangers of Egypt's great desert to marry a nomadic chieftain. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...