The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Waste Not Want Not Wednesday #28

Got a great gluten free recipe, some frugal tips or a healthy living article? Well come join the party!

The Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and recent articles such as this one that show between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage.  Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America.  This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.

So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.

And besides, who couldn't save a little bit of $$$ anyway?



We've finally gotten some beautiful summer weather in Madison, and the sunshine has inspired me to get things done!! This week I'm featuring 3  posts from last week I found inspirational. So go ahead, get inspired!

 Art by Rita Loyd

Get inspired to love your body with Phoenix Helix's article 
"My Body is NOT My Enemy"


 Eating Seasonally To Go

Get inspired to eat seasonal and "clean" with Don't Waste the Crumbs' article 
with free printables



Get Inspired to Make a Cottage-Style Window Box with Livin' in the Green's tutorial




Feel free to grab a badge from the right!




So what kinds of posts are allowed?

1)  Recipes!  Gluten free ones that is. 

2) Articles about food, sustainability, living healthy and frugal, being green, etc

3)  DIY tutorials for using up odds and ends around the house in a frugal fashion.

* Share up to 3 posts per week.  

What are the guidelines?

1) Post a link on your blog post to back here, or copy and paste the code from the box under the Waste Not Want Not Button on the side bar into the HTML of your post.

2) It might help to leave a comment.  What's your blog and/or your post about?  Is your recipe GF, EF, NF, DF, SF, V (i.e. gluten free, egg free, nut free, dairy free, sugar free, Vegan)

3) Consider telling people you shared here on FB, Twitter or elsewhere and spread the love around, so more people can find this link-up.

4) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.

5) Visit some of the other posts here, comment on their scrumptiousness/brilliancy/helpfulness/frugality and let them know you found them here and hope for a similar visit.

6) Consider following the Poor and Gluten Free blog on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay up to date on happenings here (ok, not a rule, just a little shameless self-promotion).

Each week I'll post the entries on my Waste Not Want Not Pinterest board, and feature different posts on my  Facebook and Google+ pages so be sure to check in there, too to see if you've been featured!


This week I'm sharing a post on meal planning around farmers market finds, and a recipe for super fast organic chocolate caramel popcorn. 

I also want to invite you to SHARE YOUR BLOG ON MY BRAND NEW OAS & GF Bloggers page!  I hope it will be a resource for people to find others with like-minded interests.





               







  

Now it's your turn to share something!  


9 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle! Thanks for hosting!
    This week I'm sharing two great meal ideas..
    Hamburger Buns and an easy Cauliflower Crust Pizza :) I hope you have a great week!!
    Sandi

    http://sandisallergyfreerecipes.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my post, Danielle. This week, I linked up to another inspiring story of a woman who healed her autoimmune thyroid disease (Hashimotos) through the GAPS diet. I also wrote an article on how to travel with food restrictions. Thinking ahead to my own summer trips. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely looking forward to reading your travel tips, I'm planning a big trip myself this summer :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for hosting this week as always!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for featuring my pocket-sized seasonal eating printables Danielle! And I also thank you for hosting each week!

    This week I shared two posts dealing with apple cider vinegar. Not only does it make for a simple and effective (and frugal) produce wash, but it can also be used to remove moles! (That was my husband's crazy, yet successful idea, by the way! ;) ) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're having a sunny May 1st.

    I'm excited to share a filling, vegetarian dinner: Lime-Seared Vidalia Onion & Black Bean Tacos. (I prefer gluten-free corn tortillas, though at the time I only had whole wheat left.)

    Thanks for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting!
    I'm sharing about ticks and snakes today. Ticks don't like some fragrances so they pull out of the skin, one particularly essential oil even kill the tick within 15 minutes. Using essential oils makes it so much easier to make sure the whole tick is removed from the body and can't cause any harm. I'm also sharing how we can take 10 years off our age with some simple changes that everyone can do, and it is free!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The recipe that I linked up this week is NOT gluten free but it does use bran cereal, applesauce & parsnips - uses up a little bit of everything (almost anyway)- no waste!. I hope that's OK.
    Thanks again!
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...