The Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and recent articles such as this one that show between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage. Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America. This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.
So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.
And besides, who couldn't save a little bit of $$$ anyway?
Last week I didn't get a chance to share some of the top posts for WNWNW, so this week I've selected last week's most viewed posts, AND the most viewed posts from the week before.And my apologies, despite all my fiddling, I couldn't get blogger to display these photos normally :( Next time I'll be more prepared!
|Blueberry Scones |
from Sandi's Allergy Free Recipes
Cornbread Muffins 3 Ways
from Fairy Wings and Pixie Dust
Juice Fast: Was it Worth it?
From Treasures from a Shoebox
|Healing Hypothyroidism Naturally |
from Laura's Gluten Free Pantry
How to Transplant Seedlings into the Garden
from One Creative Mommy
|Hens and the Garden: A Tragedy |
from Life Unprocessed
So what kinds of posts are allowed?
1) Recipes! Gluten free ones that is.
2) Articles about food, sustainability, living healthy and frugal, being green, etc
3) DIY tutorials for using up odds and ends around the house in a frugal fashion.
* Share up to 3 posts per week.
What are the guidelines?
1) Post a link on your blog post to back here, or copy and paste the code from the box under the Waste Not Want Not Button on the side bar into the HTML of your post.
2) Visit some of the other posts here, comment on their scrumptiousness/brilliancy/helpfulness/frugality and let them know you found them here and hope for a similar visit.3) Consider following the Poor and Gluten Free blog on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay up to date on happenings here (ok, not a rule, just a little shameless self-promotion).
4) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.
Each week I'll post the entries on my Waste Not Want Not Pinterest board, and feature different posts on my Facebook and Google+ pages so be sure to check in there, too to see if you've been featured!
This week I'm sharing my GO-TO-DON'T-FEEL-LIKE-COOKING-TONIGHT RECIPE, a super easy gluten and soy free Asian stir-fry.
Now it's your turn to share something!