The Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and recent articles such as this one that show between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage. Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America. This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.
So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.
And besides, who couldn't save a little bit of $$$ anyway?
Last week's top three posts were:
Chicken Nuggets two ways (gluten free) by Fairy Wings and Pixie Dust
Roasted Rabbit...Almost by My Lamp is Full
Free Books by Prep Utility Vehicle
Congrats and feel free to grab a badge from the right side bar!
So what kinds of posts are allowed?
1) Recipes! Gluten free ones that is.
2) Articles about food, sustainability, living healthy and frugal, being green, etc
3) DIY tutorials for using up odds and ends around the house in a frugal fashion.
* Share up to 3 posts per week.
What are the guidelines?
1) Post a link on your blog post to back here, or copy and paste the code from the box under the Waste Not Want Not Button on the side bar into the HTML of your post.
2) Visit some of the other posts here, comment on their scrumptiousness/brilliancy/helpfulness/frugality and let them know you found them here and hope for a similar visit.3) Consider following the Poor and Gluten Free blog on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay up to date on happenings here (ok, not a rule, just a little shameless self-promotion).
4) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.
Each week I'll post the entries on my Waste Not Want Not Pinterest board, and feature different posts on my Facebook and Google+ pages so be sure to check in there, too to see if you've been featured!
I've been busy this week and have a few things to share! First off, I'm very excited to announce the upcoming publication of my book on Oral Allergy Syndrome, and I'm putting out a call to all those with ALLERGIES TO WHEAT (or gluten), FRESH FRUITS, VEGGIES, NUTS or SOY. I want YOUR INPUT before it all gets finalized!
|The Makings of an Oral Allergy Syndrome Cookbook|
I also took part in last weekend's March Against Monsanto in Vancouver, and shared a post on 4 Ways to Use Kohlrabi.
|4 Ways to Use Kohlrabi|
|March Against Monsanto Vancouver|
Now it's your turn to share something!