I love carving pumpkins. One year when I was like 9, I carved 10 of them myself, one for each side of every step leading up the front steps of our house.
But I must confess that as I get older, and I don't have kids, I'm less enthused about scooping out gobby masses of messy, hard to clean up pumpkin guts. And I wanted something that looked a little classier than a gap-toothed goofy grin on my pumpkins this year (although I have been known to work a stencil now and then)
So this year I went in search of some of the classiest looking pumpkin tutorials and easy DIY'ers that I could find, and here are ten of the best I found. Most of them don't require much in the way of expensive materials, and I'm always a fan of that!
Most of these links come replete with directions and material lists, the odd one that doesn't I think can be figured out, especially after looking at the other tutorials. I'm having people over this weekend and I may just have to try some of these ideas out to decorate our apartment.
1. Black and Gold Pumpkins from Finding Home Online
2. Decoupage Book Pumpkin from The Graphics Fairy
3. Gold and Pearl Pumpkins from Bean Cakes
4. Pumpkin Prison Cell from Love it (not a tutorial, but easy enough to figure out, and ok, it's not exactly classy, but holy smokes is it ever super cute)
5. Fabric Patterned Painted Pumpkin from HGTV
6. Black and White Themed Pumpkins from Bead and Cord
7. Velvet Pumpkins from what2make
8. Painted Pumpkins from Amuse Studio (note a tutorial, but if you check #5 above, use a stencil and glue on some beads, or cover some butterflies in glue and glitter I think you're good to go!)
9. Pumpkin Topiary from Janis-Allthingsbeautiful
10. Decoupage Pumpkins from Confessions of a Plate Addict
Which one is YOUR favorite?
Looking for more Halloween inspiration? Check out this post on 10 Fun Halloween-Themed Baking Accessories!