The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Friday, June 12, 2015

How to Naturally Clean Makeup Sponges


I prefer not to just toss my makeup sponges in the garbage after I use them a few times. It feels wasteful and just contributes to more garbage.

I used to spend forever trying to clean them, running them under the tap, rubbing soap all over them, rinse, repeat, etc...

But a while back I discovered how easy it is to clean them, and it only takes a couple of minutes using things you might already have in your home. The sponge on the bottom right in the above photo has actually been washed twice now, so it won't get quite as clean, but it's still looking pretty darn good, I think.









Necessary Materials

1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp liquid natural castile soap ( I like Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap, it's organic, fair trade, and very reasonably priced. I use it for cleaning and for hand soap as well)
1/2 tsp rubbing alcohol(to help get rid of bacteria)


Directions

In a small bowl, mix the ingredients together. Immerse the sponges in the liquid cleaner. Let soak for a couple of minutes and swish the sponges around. Rinse. Repeat if necessary.





Have you seen my gluten free pasta book  Recipes for Unusual Gluten Free Pasta: Pierogis, Dumplings, Desserts and More! ? Get yourself a copy and start making GF won tons, pierogis, dumplings, and orzo today :)  
 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KOBSVDI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00KOBSVDI&linkCode=as2&tag=pooandglufr03-20&linkId=XQEAIRXIVZUMBNGU

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...