The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Friday, May 13, 2016

Vegan, Gluten Free Easy Homemade Barbeque Sauce Recipe


You know I never used to be a huge fan of barbeque sauce. I didn't think it was really all that useful. However, my husband loves it, so I thought I'd try making some gluten free BBQ sauce (since buying it can be really expensive!)

It's a darn good thing I gave it a shot, because it turns out I can put this BBQ sauce on just about anything and my husband will eat it! Furthermore, I have discovered a newfound appreciation for this tangy stuff. It's so good you could eat it straight off the spoon.

And I have. I've been looking for excuses to dip a spoon into the jar, and this little photo shoot was the perfect opporunity ;)

Now that we're heading into BBQ season, it seemed like an appropriate time to post this easy recipe!


Ingredients for Vegan, Gluten Free Homemade BBQ Sauce (makes 1 1/4 cup)

1 cup crushed tomatoes or plain tomato sauce
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp chili garlic paste (optional, but I like a little heat) 
2 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce, like Bragg's or Tamari or Coconut Aminos
1 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp brown sugar or maple syrup
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

In a small pot over medium heat, bring sauce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes to blend flavours and thicken sauce. Remove from heat. Store in fridge. This lasts for a couple of weeks in the fridge.

So far we've used this on a few different things, such as:



http://poorandglutenfree.blogspot.ca/2014/04/vegan-gluten-free-sprouted-chickpea-and.html

http://poorandglutenfree.blogspot.ca/2014/09/easy-vegan-gluten-free-red-lentil.html

http://poorandglutenfree.blogspot.ca/2015/09/vegan-and-gluten-free-asian-tofu.html

We've also made BBQ chicken pizza, and last night I made pizza with roasted red peppers, olives, spinach, and cheddar cheese, smothered in BBQ sauce. It's was decadent and delicious!!




What do you like to put BBQ sauce on?





Have you checked out my gluten free pasta book  Recipes for Unusual Gluten Free Pasta: Pierogis, Dumplings, Desserts and More! ? Get yourself a copy and start making GF won tons, pierogis, dumplings, and orzo today :)  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KOBSVDI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00KOBSVDI&linkCode=as2&tag=pooandglufr03-20&linkId=XQEAIRXIVZUMBNGU



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...